As the new film Jumanji: The Next Level prepares for release, a marketing campaign must also be released. In this Executive Summary, you will see how attention to detail, and acknowledgment of target audience and platforms plays and important role in the success of a marketing strategy.
Promoting this film will take place in three stages: pre-release, in-release, and post-release. During these stages, we will analyze our data and results in order to plan and adapt each subsequent stage accordingly. We will be using various platforms to execute our plan, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat. In order to effectively promote the release of Jumanji: The Next Level, we must identify SMART goals to follow and strive for. SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely, and are necessary to achieve a successful campaign. Our SMART goals apply to each individual phase, as well as the campaign as a whole.
SMART Goals: pre-release:
- Reach 5 Million Impressions across each platform, increase advanced-ticket sales by 25%, and reach 250,000 uses of our hashtag #TheNextLevel, and 100,000 from related hashtags such as #Jumanji2 and #Jumanji from the beginning of our campaign on September 24th, 2019, and the end of phase one at the release of the film on December 13th, 2019.
SMART Goal: in-release:
- Increase impressions by 50% across all platforms, increase ticket sales by 50%, and reach 1 million uses of our hashtag #TheNextLevel from the beginning of our release phase on December 13th, 2019, to the end of our release phase on January 10th, 2020.
SMART Goal: post-release:
- Maintain 50% of impressions across all platforms, increase Bluray&DVD sales by 10%, and maintain 20% of hashtag uses from the beginning of our post-release phase on January 11th, 2020, to the end on April 10th, 2020.
Overall Smart Goals:
- Maintain 75% positive feedback on all marketing efforts across platforms.
- Steadily increase followers across platforms by 25%.
Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are three of the most-used social media platforms. Choosing these four platforms will give us a bigger pool of users to market to, a wider audience to advertise to, and a bigger chance at a high success-rate. Each platform has its own style, aesthetic, audience, and influence, and it is important that we know how to approach each platform in order for this plan to be effective.
- Facebook: With 30.8% of facebook users ranging in ages from 13–24, and 58.7% ages 25–54, we believe that our target audience is family members. We want our efforts to reach moms, dads, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters. With Facebook being a platform to “stay connected to friends and family”, we want to market the film Jumanji: The Next Level as a movie to see as a family, bringing in roughly 3–5 people with each successful impression.
- Twitter: With Twitter’s demographics consisting of 80% millennials, they are our target market. We want our advertisements to cater to the young and fresh perspective the average millennial twitter user has.
- Instagram: With most of their active users in the 18–29 year old age demographic, our target market for Instagram is young adults. We want users to feel empowered and encouraged to buy tickets upon seeing our advertisements.
Jumanji: The Next Level is a film about adventure and self-discovery, and our advertisements need to capture those themes and elements. We want our efforts to challenge our viewers to seek adventure, but first by seeing the film. Our voice will remain professional, while incorporating humorous and relatable elements along the way.
Our official hashtag for the film is #TheNextLevel. This should set apart our efforts from that of the previous Jumanji films. We will also be analyzing related hashtags such as #Jumanji2 #Jumanjimovie #JumanjiTheNextLevel and #JumanjiNextLevel. We chose #TheNextLevel as our hashtag because it promotes this upcoming film, while also inviting a certain level of intrigue. If #TheNextLevel is trending on twitter, users are more likely to further explore the hashtag due to inquiry, than they would any other hashtag.
Jumanji: The Next Level is home for many popular actors and personalities. Their presence in the film is enough influence we could ask for, but we can always strive for more. Along with our big cast names — Dwayne Johnson, Danny DeVito, Nick Jonas, Daniel Glover, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Awkwafina — we will using influencers from outside platforms to draw those audiences in. We will have YouTubers and TikTok stars as interviewers on our premiere red carpet. These creators will be posting prior to the event, during the event, and after, as will the film’s cast members.
These posts created for the campaign are intended for the pre-release period. These posts are designed to draw anticipation, a key factor in the continued success of the marketing plan.